|2017/2018 CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM|
The Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the Republic of Botswana invites qualified citizens of Botswana to apply for the 2017/2018 Chinese Government Scholarship. Online application and the corresponding application documents should be submitted to the Chinese Embassy no later than 20 March 2017. For more information, please refer to http://csc.edu.cn/studyinchina, http://csc.edu.cn/laihua, http://www.campuschina.org or http://bw.china-embassy.org/eng .
In order to further deepen the education cooperation between China and Botswana, as well as strengthen the mutual understanding and friendship between our two peoples, the Chinese Government has been providing scholarships for Botswana students to study in Chinese higher education institutions since 1980's. The Ministry of Education of China (MOE) formulates MOE Scholarship Program, and entrusts China Scholarship Council (CSC) to handle the enrollment of international students.
For the academic year of 2017/2018, which starts from this September, the Chinese Government Scholarship will provide full scholarships for Botswana students who wish to study in China for bachelor, master or doctoral degrees, general scholars and senior scholars, of which applications higher than bachelor degree are preferred. The Scholarship will cover the fees for tuition, basic learning materials, accommodation, living allowance, outpatient medical service and comprehensive medical insurance. Please note that the international travel costs shall be borne by the applicants.
Program Categories, Duration and Language of Instruction:
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable. Program Search (http://csc.edu.cn/studyinchina, http://csc.edu.cn/laihua, http://www.campuschina.org) can help you find the program and university you're interested in.
-Applicants must be Botswana citizens in good health.
-Applicants for undergraduate programs must have senior high school certificate with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
-Applicants for master degree programs must have bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35.
-Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have master's degree and be under the age of 40.
-Applicants for General Scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45.
-Applicants for Senior Scholar program must have master's degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
Applicants must submit 3 hard copies of the following package of application documents to the Chinese Embassy in Botswana by 20 March, 2017. The documents should be bound on top left corner. No application documents will be returned.
(1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. Applicants should first submit the application form on the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (http://csc.edu.cn/studyinchina, http://csc.edu.cn/laihua, http://www.campuschina.org) and print it out for 3 hard copies.
(2) Notarized photocopy of highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school.
(3) Academic transcripts. Applicants for undergraduate studies are required to provide certified copy of senior high school transcripts. Applicants for other categories of studies also need to provide relevant certified copy of academic transcripts.
(4) A study plan or research proposal in English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students as scholars, and 800 words for postgraduates) Detailed research plan (additional paper can be attached) is required for postgraduates or scholars for advanced studies.
(5) Recommendation letters. Applicants for master or doctoral degree studies and senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation by professors or associate professors.
(6) Applicants for music programs are requested to submit one CD recording of the applicants' own work. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit one CD recording of the applicants' own work (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
(7) Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in Chin.
(8) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The form can be downloaded from the bottom of this page or from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina. The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
(9) Applicants with Admission Letter from designated universities should enclose the letter in the application package.
(10) Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System:
Step 1: Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click "Application Online for International Students".
Step 2: Read "Tips for online application" carefully before clicking "NEXT" to the registration page.
Step 3: Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click "Create an account" for registration.
Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted.
Your 'Program Category' is Type A and 'Agency Number' is 0721. Once the correct 'Agency Number' is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
Step 5: Please fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
Step 6:Click each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application.
Step 7: You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
Step 8: Download the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form and print 3 hard copies.
Step 9: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send 3 hard copies of the full package of application documents to the Chinese Embassy in Botswana.
·Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer(11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.
·Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
Admission & Registration:
Scholarship winners will get the admission package documents from the Chinese Embassy by the end of July 2017, and must register at the host university before the deadline which is usually September 2017.
3 hard copies of the full package of application documents must be addressed or hand delivered to:
Embassy of China
Plot 3096 North Ring Road
P.O. Box 1031, Gaborone
Closing date: 20 March, 2017
For further information, please check:
Embassy of the People's Republic of China